ESOL stands for English for Speakers of Other Languages. We offer English courses that are designed for people whose first language is not English.
Many learners are eligible for free or reduced cost ESOL courses.
Our courses help learners to:
- Develop speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills
- Learn in a fun, lively and multicultural environment
- Socialise with other adult learners
- Develop their confidence in day-to-day life
- Gain employment.
Our learners have the opportunity to take exams in speaking, listening, reading and writing. In addition, we offer courses that are specifically designed to help learners prepare for the following exams:
- Prepare for Life in the UK Test
- Trinity Graded Examination in Spoken English (GESE) – A1, A2, and B1 Tests
We are an approved preparation centre by Trinity.
We host Advice, Assessment and Enrolment sessions throughout the year to help learners join a course that best supports their needs and aspirations. These are held at various venues across Leicester.
“My tutor has always been there for us. In class she gave us self-confidence in ourselves. I have personally also received a lot of advice and gained experience through her teaching.” – ESOL Level 1 learner
“I enriched and strengthened my personal development” – ESOL Level 2 learner